academic title and school
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
N &D06s& Baydoun ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae
Accounting for Managers
Financial Statement Analysis
PhD, FCPA, MSc, BSc
- Internationally recognized authority on the impact of culture and religion on accounting systems.
- Held senior academic positions and staffed key board committees at various institutions in Australia, Honk Kong, New Zealand, and the UAE.
- Specializes in helping organizations sustain a balance between mission fulfillment and an effective, financially sound operation.
- Formulated and implemented strategies for long term profitability and stability
- Internationally experienced in financial management, accounting, startups, restructuring, and strategic planning.
- Supportive of enhanced scholarship and research
- Baydoun, N., Sulaiman, M., Willett, R.J. and Ibrahim, S., 2018. Principles of Islamic Accounting. John Wiley & Sons.
- Baydoun, N. and Anwar, S.A., 2018. Carving a service quality niche for Sukuk: a case study of National Bonds in the UAE. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 11(3), pp.351-375.
- Baydoun, N., Maguire, W. and Willett, R.J., 2017. Constructing Simple Country Financial Statements to Assess the Sustainable Wealth of Nations. Available at SSRN 3078369.
- Mamman, A., Kanu, A.M., Alharbi, A. and Baydoun, N., 2015. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and poverty reduction in Africa: Strategic Management Perspective. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Baydoun, N., Maguire, W., Ryan, N. and Willett, R., 2013. Corporate governance in five Arabian Gulf countries. Managerial Auditing Journal, 28 (1), pp.7 – 22.
- Mamman, A., Baydoun, N., Sulaiman, M. and Ismail, I., 2013. Globalization and its consequences: Malaysian managerial perspectives and implications. Asia Pacific Business Review, 19(1), pp.102-128.
- Mamman, A., Baydoun, N. and Liu, K., 2009. Exploring the meanings of globalization in Beijing. Global Business Review, 10(1), pp.67-86.
- Mamman, A., Baydoun, N. and Adeoye, B., 2009. Transferability of management innovation to Africa: a study of two multinational companies’ performance management system in Nigeria. Global Business Review, 10(1), pp.1-31
- Mamman, A. and Baydoun, N., 2009. Managerial perspective on the impact of globalization in an African commercial bank: Implications for strategy implementation. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 17(3), pp.184-201.
- Baydoun, N., Mamman, A. and Simmy, M.(2009) Surviving the Recession: A Rapid Response Model. International Journal of Excellence in Public Sector Management, 2 (2), pp. 43-57.
- Perera, H. and Baydoun, N., 2007. Convergence with international financial reporting standards: the case of Indonesia. Advances in International Accounting, 20, pp.201-224.
- Baydoun, N. and Willett, R.J., 2000. Islamic corporate reports. Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies, 26(1), pp.71-90.
- Mirza, M. and Baydoun, N., 1999, March. Accounting policy choice in an interest-free environment. In The Islamic Perspective International Conference m in Jakarta, Indonesia pp. 15-18.
- Baydoun, N., Mamman, A. and Mahmaud, A., 1999. The religious context of management practices: the case of the Islamic religion, accounting, commerce & finance. The Islamic Perspective Journal, 3(1/2), pp.52-79.
- Baydoun, N., Saffu, K., and Mamaan, A. 1999. Cross Cultural Perspectives of Pricing Strategy: A Research Agenda. Asian Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 2 (1).
- Mirza, M. and Baydoun, N., 1999. Do Islamic societies need their own accounting and reporting standards?. Journal of the Academy of Business Administration, 4(2), pp.39-45.
- Mirza, M. and Baydoun, N., 1999. Global Business Trends: Accounting Policies of Contemporary Muslim Societies, in Moore, D. L., and S. Fullerton, eds. Global Business Trends: Contemporary Readings, The Academy of Business Administration, Michigan, pp. 50-57.
- Baydoun, N. and Willett, R.J., 1998. Islam and accounting: Ethical issues in the presentation of financial information. Accounting, Commerce & Finance: The Islamic Perspective, 12(1), pp.1-25.
- Baydoun, N.., and Willett, R., 1995, Cultural relevance of western accounting systems to developing countries. Abacus, 31(1), pp.67-92.
- Baydoun, N. Nishimura A., and Willett, R., (eds), 1995 Accounting in the Asian Pacific Region, John Wiley and Sons.