e &D06s& soltani ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae
Ebrahim Soltani (PhD – University of Strathclyde, UK) is a professor of Quality Management at Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Prior to his appointment, he was a professor of operations management at the University of Kent Business School, UK. Ebrahim’s research has considered the management of quality in different economic sectors, factors influencing the efficacy of quality and productivity initiatives, human resources issues related to quality management, the management of supply chain quality in an era of globalization, and the peculiarities of management mind-set towards operations improvement initiatives. He has written widely on managing quality and productivity improvement initiatives in a wide range of publications including British Journal of Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Journal of World Business and Journal of Business Ethics. Ebrahim is an academic member of the ESRC peer review college in the UK and editorial review board member of several peer-reviewed international journals such as Total Quality Management & Business Excellence (Taylor & Francis), International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences (Emerald), and Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility (Springer).
Selected Journal articles:
- Soltani E. and Wilkinson, A. (2018). TQM and performance appraisal: complementary or incompatible? European Management Review. (Wiley: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/17404762 ).
- Soltani, E. et al. (2018). Saying it without words: Employee voice and participation in developing economies. International Journal of Human Resource Management. (Taylor & Francis: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09585192.2017.1369447?src=recsys&journalCode=rijh20 ).
- Soares, A., Soltani, E. and Liao, Y.Y. (2017). The Influence of Supply Chain Quality Management Practices on Quality Performance: An Empirical Investigation. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 22(2): 122-144.
- Liao, Y.Y., Soltani, E., Wang, W.Y. & Iqbal, A. (2016). The dynamics of workforce relationship in a diverse internationally staff organization. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 28(8): 1182-1211.
- Soltani, E., Jawad Syed, Liao, Y.Y. and Iqbal, A. (2015). Managing CSR in developing countries: the case of auto industry. Journal of Business Ethics, 129 (4): 795–810.
- Soltani, E. Ahmed, P.K., Liao, Y.Y. and Paschal U. Anosike (2014). Qualitative middle-range research in operations management: The need for theory-driven empirical inquiry. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 34 (8): 1003-1027.
- Rahyuda, A., Soltani, E. and Syed, J. (2017). Elucidating the Effect of Post-Training Transfer Interventions on Trainee Attitudes and Transfer of Training: A Mixed Methods Study. In Peter A. Murray et al. (eds). Palgrave Handbook of Knowledge Management. Palgrave McMillan.
- Soltani, E. (2016). Quality Circles. In Wilkinson A. and Johnstone, S. (Eds), Encyclopaedia of HRM. Griffith University, Australia.
- Soltani, E. (2015). Managing quality in supply chain. In Dahlgaard-Park and Su Mi (eds.) Encyclopaedia of quality and the Service Economy. SAGE Publication.
- Soltani, E., et al. (2018). Approaches to performance management: some evidence from TQM-driven organizations. In: Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Business and Information (BAI), July 6-8 – COEX Convention Centre, Seoul, Korea.
- Soltani, E., et al. (2017). A Context-Specific Perspective of HR Performance Management in Quality-Oriented Organizational Contexts. In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on ISO & TQM (21-ICIT), April 14-16, Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai Campus, Zhuhai, China. BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Soares, A., Soltani, E. et al. (2016). Supply chain quality management dimensions and their impact on quality performance. In: Proceedings of the 23rd European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) Conference, June 17-22, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway.
- Rashidirad, M., Soltani, E. et al. (2015). How configuration of product-service strategy and sensing capability can create novelty value? In: Proceedings of the 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), August 7-11, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Soares, A., Soltani, E. et al. (2014). Assessing the impact of inter-firm relationships on supply chain quality management practices. In: Proceedings of the 21st International European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) Conference, June 20-25, University of Palermo, Italy.