S &D06s& Anwar ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae
Prof. Syed has designed and taught post-graduate courses at Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University, UAE; University of Sharjah, UAE; University of Delhi; India, University of Otago, New Zealand; University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei; International Islamic University, Malaysia; University of Lagos, Nigeria; Arab Open University, Kuwait, and Aalen University of Applied Sciences, Germany. He is currently supervising 3 Ph.D. dissertations at HBMSU. He has conducted training programs for developing country diplomats for United Nations’ ITC, Geneva; Toyota Brunei; HSBC Brunei; Singapore seaport and Abu Dhabi Retirement and Pensions Fund, UAE. He has considerable experience of academic program accreditation.
He has guest-edited several international journals.
The European Community and Indo-British Trade Relations, Gower, England, 1983
- Syed Aziz Anwar,“ Brunei Hotel Private Limited “, Marketing Case Studies and a Training Curriculum for SME Managers in the APEC Region, APEC Secretariat, Singapore, 1996
- Syed Aziz Anwar, “ Haji Adinin and Sons “ , Marketing Case Studies and a Training Curriculum for SME Managers in the APEC Region, APEC Secretariat, Singapore, 1996
- Syed Aziz Anwar,“ Designing an Effective Response to the Economic Crisis in South-East Asia: The Case of BHP Steel Building Products ( Brunei ) Private Limited” , published in David Cravens , Strategic Marketing Management for the Pacific Region, McGraw-Hill, 1999; also published in Miller and Layton, Fundamentals of Marketing ( Fourth Edition ), McGraw-Hill, 2000
- Z U Ahmed, Subroto Roy, Syed Aziz Anwar,“ Participating in the Knowledge-Based Economy: The Case of Singapore’s IT Park in Bangalore , published in Miller and Layton, Fundamentals of Marketing, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Syed Aziz Anwar and Fahad Al Saadi (2017), ‘Testing SERVQUAL in the oil and gas sector of the UAE’ Journal of Global Business Advancement, Vol.10(3),pp.244-260
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2016), ‘ A Regiocentric Strategy for Industrial Clusters: Reflections on International Business innovations in the UAE’, Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, UK, vol.9,no.3,pp311-323.
- M.Sadiq Sohail, Syed Aziz Anwar and Fuad Hossain Rabbie (2012), ‘Drivers of Customer Satisfaction: Perspectives from the Food Retail Sector of an Arab Nation’ Journal of Global Business Advancement, UK, Vol. 5,No.3, 2012, pp.181-192.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2012), “Health and Environmental Issues in the Arab States: Carving Policy Tracks’’, Journal of Global Business Advancement, UK, Vol. 5,No.4, 2012, pp.332-346.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2011), ‘Carving Brand Personality: A Case Study of Qatar Airways’, International Journal of Excellence in Tourism, Hospitality and Catering, Dubai, Vol. 3, No.2, pp. 38-44.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2009), “ The Perceived Regiocentric Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in United Arab Emirates” Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, UK, vol.4,nos.1/2,pp62-73.
- Syed Aziz Anwar(2008), "Connecting with Culture: Perceptions of the EFQM Model Implementation in a Tradtion-bound Organization”, Journal of International Marketing and Marketing Research, European Marketing Association, UK, pp 131-140.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2008), “ A Factor Analytic Investigation of the Construct of Market Orientation”, International Journal of Management, UK, vol.25,no.1,March, pp 186-197.
- Syed Aziz Anwar, Wimalatissa and Anis Hj. Dzulkiflee (2008),’ Perceived Performance of a Telecomminications Firm in Brunei : An Empirical Study’, International Journal of Excellence in e-Solutions for Management’, Dubai, vol.2,no.1, pp24-109.
- Dosse Toulaboe, Zafar U. Ahmed, Syed Aziz Anwar (2007), “ The Asian Crisis: How Overvalued was the Thai Baht?”, Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, USA, vol.7,no.2, , pp79-94.
- M. Sadiq Sohail, Syed Aziz Anwar, Jhinux Chowdhury, and Nadia Rifat Ferhat (2006), “ Logistics Outsourcing in United Arab Emirates” Journal of Marketing Channels, USA, vol. 13, no.1, pp21-36.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2006) , “ The Development of a Contingency Model Relating National Culture to Total Quality Management”, International Journal of Management, UK, vol. 23, no. 2, pp272-280.
- Syed Aziz Anwar and M. Sadiq Sohail (2004), “ Festival Tourism in United Arab Emirates: First-time versus Repeat Visitor Perceptions”, Journal of Vacation Marketing, UK , vol.10,no.2,pp.161-70.
- Syed Aziz Anwar (2004), “ Market Orientation of Healthcare Managers in the UAE” Journal of International Marketing and Marketing Research, European Marketing Association, vol 29, no. 1, February, 2004, pp3-12 ( Based on research project awarded by the Research Center, University of Sharjah).
- Syed Aziz Anwar and M. Sadiq Sohail (2003), “ Testing Market Orientation of Bank Managers in the Emerging Economy of Brunei” International Journal of Bank Marketing,UK vol.21,nos.6and7, pp 289-295.
- Syed Aziz Anwar and Mohammad Naim Chaker (2003)“ The Globalisation of Corporate America and its Implications for Management in Arab Countries”, International Journal of Management, UK, pp 43-55.
- Erdener Kaynak and Syed Aziz Anwar (2001), “ Marketing Response Tracks for the Dutch Disease : Evidence from Small Enterprises in Brunei Darussalam “ Journal of International Selling and Sales Management, UK.
- Juergen Gnoth and Syed Aziz Anwar (2000),“ New Zealand Bets on Event Tourism“, Cornell Quarterly, Cornell University USA, pp 39-47.