· Develop, implement, and oversee the processes and systems that support the University's local and international accreditation, to include the Academic Program Review process.
· Preparation of documents for accreditation submissions; this will involve close collaboration with senior academic and non-academic colleagues in the Schools and involves working to a very tight, nonnegotiable timeline that is set by the accreditation bodies.
· Project management of accreditation exercise to include:
§ Rapidly build up knowledge of accreditation requirements, from information supplied by accreditation bodies and other sources acquired by Schools.
§ Advise School staff on expectations of accreditation bodies.
§ Confirm timeline for each reaccreditation exercise and keep senior colleagues on track to meet the deadlines.
§ Source appropriate colleagues to input to reaccreditation exercise, and confirm nature and timing of input.
§ Liaise with other divisions to be present for the accreditation visit.
§ Draft documents and gain agreement on key supporting documents that will provided during accreditation visit.
§ Seek comments within the Schools on final documents, report and present of progress, Submit documents for approval.
§ Ensure full documents submitted to accreditation body on time.
§ Circulate appropriate documentation to colleagues taking part in the accreditation visit at least a month before the visit.
· Preparation of documents for accreditation and licensing submissions to include:
§ Confirm with colleagues sources of information and evidence.
§ Manage collection and analysis of information and check answers the requirements of appropriate accreditation body.
§ Research information and evidence not currently available within the University, such as using the internet to provide comparison with competitors.
§ Ensure data collected is accurate.
§ Make judgement on what should be included in the submission documents – distilling information from the range of sources into a coherent picture that fits with the strategic plan of the School.
§ Write, edit and prepare draft submission documents and key supporting evidence. Edit content to ensure it reads as series of compelling quality focused statements about the Schools and programs provisions.
§ Confirm appropriateness of submission through discussions with accreditation body contacts. Make adjustments as necessary.
§ Finalize documents following comments from different divisions, school and Academic Affairs councils, and prior to submission for University council for approval.
§ If necessary, make adjustments prior to submission to accreditation body.
· Preparation for accreditation visit:
§ Liaise with accreditation bodies to agree visit date and accommodation/ entertainment requirements for panel.
§ Liaise with IRS division to ensure booking of rooms, accommodation, payments, and other requirements for the accreditation visits are met.
§ Agree timeline of visit with related divisions and colleagues, ensuring all aware of nature and timing of their input during the visit – arrange and deliver briefings.
§ Liaise with colleagues to organize current student input to visit.
§ Ensure supporting documentation available for provision to panel.
§ Brief visit coordinator on requirements of accreditation panel on arrangements made and on work the coordinator needs to complete.
· Develop, implement, and oversee the administration of processes and systems that support the University's core curriculum, to include outcomes assessment, curriculum review, and delivery process review.
· Review and advise academic units across the University to ensure consistent compliance with the on-going regional accreditation requirements and outcomes standards of the institution; advises and supports compliance efforts for programs that have, or seek, professional accreditation.
· Advise and support academic units regarding on-going requirements and outcomes standards related to Academic Program Review.
· Oversee the development and production of publications and materials related to the University's accreditation compliance, outcomes assessment, and program evaluation efforts.
· Represent the University in related institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
· Recommend and participate in the development of University policies and procedures; may serve on University planning and policy-making committees.
- 7 years of academic experience directly related to job duties in a recognized university.
- Minimum of Master Degree (Ph.D. degree is preferable) in related technical fields from an accredited University.
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of higher education accreditation and program review practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of accreditation planning and assessment methodologies and tools.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strategic planning and performance measurement skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
- Skills in strategic, operational, financial planning, and fiscal management.