HBMSU is seeking to appoint a full-time Professor/Associate in Learning Design and Technology to supports the University’s mission of providing learner-centric, quality smart learning. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. Candidates should have an international reputation in Learning Design and Technology or Instructional Design for Smart Learning Programs/Courses. A strong interest in the development and management Interactive Educational Technology - related programs; and joint research activities with internal and external scholars is an added advantage. The appointee will join the School of e-Education and will be expected to familiar with online teaching platforms and pedagogies, develop smart content for relevant courses, work on quality research. Applicants must also demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate courses using online learning platforms and smart technologies;
- Develop instructional materials and e-content for technology-enhanced courses and online learning programs;
- Supervise, advise and mentor learners in their academic study plan and master and Ph.D. theses;
- Develop and deliver professional short courses and workshops for target groups and professional communities;
- Train and advise educators, teachers, and faculty on online learning, curricula, smart pedagogy and assessment;
- Publish research in high quality Scopus indexed journals;
- Write and apply for research grants in smart learning and innovative pedagogy projects;
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
Required qualification & skills
- Hold a PhD. degree from an accredited university relevant to the above discipline;
- Have more than 5 years of experience teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses, curricula, and programs in the above discipline;
- Have excellent teaching skills in using online learning technologies tools and pedagogies;
- Have conceptual, analytical, technical, and operational competence in the field of Online Learning, Interactive Educational Technologies, Machine Learning, Intelligent Tutoring, and Coaching Systems, and Adaptive Assessment Design and Technology;
- Have excellent experience in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating online learning programs and projects;
- Have an established research record;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.