The Business Development Director directs the business development activities of the university, conducts market research and market intelligence and provides market feedback regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and new product development ideas. He/she leads the design, development, and deployment of effective marketing, sales and business development strategies and plans, coordinates and manages marketing and promotional activities and resources for all HBMSU products and services, and develops the University's unique brand and image to enable HBMSU to achieve its revenue target and ambitious growth as a leading smart academic enterprise.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and leads the marketing, sales and business development strategy, plans, and activities based on market research and market intelligence to enable HBMSU to achieve its revenue target and ambitious growth with no less than 35% increase per year.
- Ensures the efficient and effective utilization of the marketing, sales and business development staff and resources to enhance profitability and financial viability and drive increased revenue portfolio, penetrate new markets, and achieve HBMSU`s ambitious growth.
- Identifies and develops HBMSU’s unique selling propositions and differentiators, and work with various divisions and units across the university to meet learners and customer needs and deliver a distinguished value.
- Researches, explores, monitors, and understands the market for information and new trends to prospect and uncovers new business development opportunities and innovative product ideas.
- Identifies new business opportunities, works with related stakeholders across the university on the development of strategic business initiatives, introduction of new services and products, and the commercialization of existing products and services to stringent revenue targets and ensure the growth of the university locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Reviews proposals of all new products and services and develop recommendations.
- Seeks out and builds relationships and productive partnerships with the decision makers within potential client organizations, government agencies and other universities for the strategic advancement and growth of the university product portfolio.
- Develops, inspires, and leads marketing, sales and business development staff for the effective deployment of the marketing and sales strategy, plans and activities.
- Leads the development of proposals, deal approaches, pitches and contracts and manages the negotiation of terms and deal closing.
- Monitors, reviews, and reports on the progress and effectiveness of the marketing, sales and business development strategies, plans, and activities; analyze its impact; and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures the efficient and effective administration of data and information relating to marketing and sales, conversion rates, competitive offerings, prospect needs and new trends and prepares periodic analytical and performance reports for decision-making.
- Identifies, monitors and manages risks related to marketing, sales and business development plans, activities, and projects.
- Manages customers’ relationships to ensure ongoing mutual benefit and retention.
- Undertakes training and mentoring to marketing, sales and business development staff and provides the proper support and leadership to ensure the full understanding of HBMSU differentiating value, competitive advantage, and the representation HBMSU in the best light.
- Works closely with schools and various units to ensure that the targeted number of learners across the 4Cs is achieved in all different programs and offerings.
- Reviews marketing, sales and business development practices, methods, and offerings and initiate the development of new ones as necessary to reduce costs, improve efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction, and ensure growth.
- Performs managerial duties for marketing, sales and business development staff including interviewing/hiring applicants for employment, assigning and reviewing progress of assignments, managing performance and recommending salary, incentives, and commission to develop higher level of performance and expertise.
- Leads the production of marketing and promotional materials that describe and promote all HBMSU products and services and the management of campaigns for marketing initiatives. Ensures that marketing and promotional materials are kept up-to-date as the products and services evolve.
- Monitors the execution of promotional activities including print, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, signage, and university publications (online and physical) to ensure that a consistent message is delivered and that the University brand is safeguarded at all times.
Required qualification & skills
- 5 years’ professional experience in a similar or related field/position.
- Bachelor preferably a Master’s degree in Marketing or related specialization from an accredited university.
- Consistent proven track record of achieving and exceeding revenue target and sales quota.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, adaptable and able to juggle competing and changing priorities.
- Proven ability to develop a new territory from scratch.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Effective management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and attend to multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.