The Course Builder will be responsible for designing and managing educational courses using various technology tools and instructional methods. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure effective outcomes. Requires creativity, hands-on experience with educational technology, e-Learning tools, and awareness of design standards and technical processes in course development.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Design and develop engaging and effective learning experiences based on solid learning pedagogies and instructional strategies.
- Create high-quality educational content that is engaging, relevant, and aligned with the learning objectives.
- Work on Instructional design strategies for courses as needed with the SMEs and trainers and suggest new and innovative educational technology tools to faculty for educational media production.
- Familiarize with the Moodle platform to develop, manage, and administer courses effectively.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, faculty, and other stakeholders to gather input and refine course materials.
- Conduct regular assessments of courses to ensure quality and effectiveness and make improvements as needed.
- Compile data and analyse reports related to enrolment trends, course completion rates, website traffic, and similar information.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Cloud Campus portal and ensure correct course information pages on LMS (Cloud Campus).
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety and information security laws and policies.
- As applicable liaises and coordinate with information security stand-up committee and AIT to ensure effective implementation of security initiative.
- Handel any other responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
Required qualification & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, e-Learning Development, Multimedia, or similar discipline from an accredited University.
- Good understanding of technology and the technical processes involved.
- Understand what appeals to different target audiences.
- Hands on experience in courseware development and good understanding of optimization process of graphics, animations, and audio video synchronization
- Hands on experience in content authoring tools, developing interactivities and publishing standards.
- Hands on experience with multimedia software’s (Adobe Photoshop, Articulate Storyline, Illustrator, Audio Video Editing, HTML, XML, and other content authoring tools)
- In depth knowledge of e-Learning standards like SCORM, AICC
- Organized and self-motivated
- Flexible and willing to adapt design ideas.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent analytical and design
- Any Multimedia, Graphic Design and e-Learning related certification is an advantage
- Strong e-Learning experience