The Life Long Learning Center Director is responsible for leading a dynamic suite of work focused on providing HBMSU learners with engaging and powerful professional learning experiences. He/she will provide leadership and work collaboratively across the organization to transform the university goals into actions. The Director should have passion for education, deeply understand the power of technology and be grounded in research. Additionally, an ability to see the big picture and design and implement innovative solutions that address market needs & challenges.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Manage and support a team of high-performing people to design and complete project deliverables and ensure the success of our professional and lifelong learning initiatives and activities.
- Build partnerships with prominent workforce and professional development organizations, educator networks.
- Contribute in generating new ideas and approaches to improve and reimagine the professional programs portfolio.
- Manage the budgeting, program operations, track customer feedback and financial results, work closely with faculty and build local and international network of SMEs to develop new offerings, conduct market analysis, and manage new program development.
- Provide thought leadership on workforce and professional learning.
- Develop University proposals, meet deadlines and manage relationships
- Ensure that the team works closely with faculty to create new and innovative approaches and solutions to online and blended learning.
- Maintain a portfolio of offerings that is financially viable and develop new pragmatic solutions and offerings in response to market trends.
- Lead and oversee development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of programs.
- Oversee analysis, reporting, and program improvements.
- Manage and drive a robust educational portfolio of professional programs delivered online and in person, and should have an entrepreneurial mindset that is driven by a desire to deliver outstanding customer service and learning experience.
- Oversee the development, adherence to, and implementation of program policies and procedures.
- Lead strategic & financial planning for the center.
- Represent the entity or program to the broader university, external community, and other stakeholders.
- Provide expert consultation related to program development, funding opportunities, or other specialty area.
- May deliver or co-train professional courses; oversee the administration of training courses; create and/or advise in the development of programs learning outcomes; and/or advise learners, coach and mentor clients.
- Responsible to recruit new learners, and achieve university financial goals and targets.
Required qualification & skills
- Minimum of seven years professional experience in a similar or related field/position.
- Bachelor degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Marketing/Management from an accredited University.
- Strong interpersonal and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Possess strong business acumen, exceptional communication and collaboration skills, background in training or education, and have the ability to lead and motivate people to success.
- Knowledge and understanding current and emerging industry requirements and practices in area of marketing expertise.
- Ability to interpret industry needs and directions, assess capacity, and to plan, develop, and implement appropriate marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure, and format of a range of written material.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work flexibly for extended hours and in weekends as required.