The Payable Accountant shall operate all daily payable operations that intend to monitor the limit of amounts owed for goods and services purchased on short term or long-term credit. He/she shall assure high level of services provided to suppliers and partners through keeping reasonable records for the age of each creditor account. He / She will handle all outgoing associates payments, miscellaneous staff payments, vendors payments, utilities payments, petty cash payments, accreditation payments and etc., while ensuring the compliance with all approved policies and procedure, and through all approved payment channels.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Prepare monthly payable reports such as creditors ageing report, monthly payment report, supplier reconciliation statement, accounts payable & accrued purchases report, etc.
- Responsible for inspecting payable documents through an extensive review of all supporting documentation, including but not limited to invoices, contractual agreements / PO, payment terms, advance payments, approvals as per purchase matrix, etc.
- Process payments to partners, suppliers, associates, staff, petty cash, accreditation etc. through approved payment channels, while ensuring the compliance with approved policies and procedure.
- Perform extensive periodical reconciliation to beneficiaries’ statement of account, handle balance confirmation process with all partners, and analyze credit limits for all partners / creditors.
- Assure proper general ledger accounting distribution for all invoices and expenses according to the nature and organizational structure.
- Run professional commination, cooperation and coordination with all internal and external stakeholders, work closely with supplier relationship unit and follow up the long aged payable dues and accrued purchases.
- Reconcile payable related general ledgers such as advance to supplier, sundry creditor and accrued purchase accounts; and examine abnormal variances between GL, payable model, purchasing and eService.
- Create adjustments transactions similar to debit / credit notes upon receiving approval for any reversed activities, cancelled (fully or partially) purchases, refund of sales, etc.
- Execute accurate and instant VAT (Value Added Tax) accounting and functional treatments through all payable accounts transactions, as per Federal Tax Authority (FTA) laws and regulations.
Required qualification & skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in payable accounting field.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, from an accredited University.
- Tangible knowledge in international financial and reporting standards (IFRS), and catchup instantly with all updates on local laws, federal laws and financial standards.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information/ data through high degree of integrity and commitment.
- Able to determine any potential or existing financial risk / loss, and report instantly to higher superiors.
- Ability to work independently in high volume environment that requires efficient productivity, and to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignment on time.
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and vision oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Willing to work under pressure, and ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situation, and capable of attending extra duties as instructed.
- Well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills, on spot situation analyzer.
- Expertise in computerized accounting financial software applications, ERP, other online systems, and proficiency in MS office applications, communication software / apps. etc.
- Excellent communication skills.