HBMSU is seeking to appoint a full-time Professor/Associate Professor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship to support the University’s mission of providing learner-centered, service and quality smart learning. This position involves smart teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. Candidates should have an international reputation in Innovation Management and/or Entrepreneurship. A strong interest in the development and management of innovation- and entrepreneurship-related programmes; and collaborative research activities with internal and external scholars is an added advantage. The appointee will join the School of Business and Quality Management and will be expected to be familiar with online teaching platforms and methodologies, develop content for relevant courses, work on quality research. Applicants must also demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate courses using online learning platforms and smart technologies;
- Develop instructional materials and e-content for technology-enhanced courses and online learning programs;
- Supervise, advise and mentor learners in their academic study plan and master and Ph.D. theses;
- Develop and deliver professional short courses and workshops for target groups and professional communities;
- Train and advise educators, teachers, and faculty on online learning, curricula, smart pedagogy and assessment;
- Publish research in high quality Scopus indexed journals;
- Write and apply for research grants in smart learning and innovative pedagogy projects;
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
Required qualification & skills
- Applicants must hold a PhD. degree in a relevant to the above discipline from an accredited University, ranked among the top 200 in one of the ranking agencies such as QS, ARWU or THE
- Adequate teaching experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Experience working in an online / e-learning environment will be given preference.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate computer technology into the curriculum.
- Ability to develop and deliver professional short courses.
- English language proficiency is a must.