The University is experiencing tremendous growth and is currently accepting applications for a full-time Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor in instructional design and technology to teach and supervise postgraduate learners in the School of e-Education. The prospective candidate will support faculty and learning communities in the identification and use of best-in-class smart technologies including cloud-based multimedia, simulations, and LCMS. A strong and sold understanding of technology-enhanced education and workflows is desired in addition to current knowledge of learning technologies and pedagogical design. Monitor educational technology developments, assess their functionality and recommend technology changes to enhance learning in both schools and higher education institutions.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Teach both undergraduate and graduate courses through the use of blended learning approach.
- Must be an active researcher.
- Course / Curriculum development for on-line teaching.
- Advise/ mentor learners.
- Develop and deliver professional short courses.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
Required qualification & skills
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree from an accredited University in Instructional Design and Technology
- Extensive experience in developing instructional materials and products for technology-enhanced courses and online learning programs.
- Solid experience in providing analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies, and courseware standards.
- Solid experience in designing instructional aids for stand-alone or instructor-led classroom for online use.
- Extensive experience in conducting needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula and programs.
- Excellent experience in designing learning products, including Web-based aids or e-Learning performance support systems.
- Extensive experience in assessing effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
- Solid experience in developing instructional materials for xMOOCs courses and/or programs.
- Solid experience in advising educators and faculty on curricula, smart pedagogy, and online assessment.
- Extensive experience in creating technology-enhanced and personalized learning materials.
- Solid ability to present and make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
- Solid ability to Interview subject-matter experts or conduct other research to develop innovative instructional content.
- Solid experience in training and coaching others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal and non-formal educational or short customized training programs.
- Master Computer and internet based training software Learning and Content Management Systems — Blackboard Learn; Moodle; Trivantis CourseMill; Worldwide Instructional Design System WIDS
- Solid experience in evaluating effectiveness of educational programs.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance, including the design of relevant strategies and policies;
- Demonstrated analytical, technical, and professional writing skills
- Proven conceptual, analytical, technical, and operational competence in the field of instructional design and technology, curriculum development, tutoring and assessing online learners.
- Ability to build, develop and maintain regional and international partnerships ;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- At least 10 years of progressive responsible relevant experience in instructional design and technology at national and international levels;
- Extensive research and publications in areas of expertise;
- Extensive experience in academia or international civil service in pedagogical design and e-Learning.
- Extensive experience in designing and managing graduate level learning and training programs in instructional design and technology;
- Solid experience in program and project design and development, and proven ability to translate priorities into program delivery;
- Proven experience in resource mobilization and management for small-large scale projects.
- Excellent in both Arabic & English Languages