The UI/UX Designer is responsible for capturing the requirements and feedback from stakeholders and translating it to appealing user interfaces with the best user experience. Specifically, responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of HBMSU’s various digital platforms and websites. This includes gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. Also, ensuring that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. The holder of this position is expected to have a passion for delivering creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up-to-date with emerging trends and best practices in user experience design and user interface technology.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate existing user interfaces and propose practical usability/design improvements.
- Design based on requirements: Understand business requirements, gather feedback and create user-centric designs for web and mobile. Ensure all designs work within a responsive framework and with pixel perfection.
- Flows and mockups: Communicate the concept and flow of a design by creating wireframes, prototypes, mockups, flow diagrams and presentations, and converting them into the real, usable interfaces.
- Style guides: Establish design and style guidelines and best practices to ensure that all platforms adhere to the design and style language. Specifically, create, maintain and enforce UX style guides, UI standards, and interaction design pattern libraries.
- User interface elements: Design effective UI elements like buttons, menus, tables, widgets, navigational components, search fields, and others.
- Graphics: Create graphics, short animations and other elements required to enhance the look and feel of a website.
- User experience: Incorporate customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience.
- Iterative development: Start with rough drafts, move on iteratively to higher fidelity designs, based on user feedback and new ideas.
- Aesthetics: Keep a keen eye on the evolving design language used online, and ensure that all platforms are modern and combine creativity with excellent user-focused design.
- Communication and collaboration: Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and software engineers. Work very closely with the software engineers to integrate the developed UIs with the backend and business logic.
Required qualification & skills
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant UI/UX design experience for digital products or services
- Bachelor degree in design, computer science or relevant field
- Deep familiarity with UX principles, methodologies and best practices
- Strong understanding of responsive web design principles and design system frameworks
- Extensive knowledge and experience in at least 3 of the following design tools: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Flow, Canva, Vectr, Proto, and Framer
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Adobe suite tools such as: Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with front end development technologies and their frameworks (Bootstrap, jQuery, ReactJS, and VueJS)
- Knack for constructing delightful designs that are technically feasible
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a diverse culture