Choose from the links below to review the organizational structure of academic and administrative units in Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University.
We are an academic enterprise which enables knowledge creation and application through innovation, disruption, and transformation. We provide unique life-long learning opportunities, intellectually stimulating learning experiences and diverse community of faculty, staff, learners, and alumni.
We position our learners at the heart of our operations. Our learners are in the driving seat and involved in decision making. We strive to provide individualized, internationalized, and intellectually stimulating learners experiences. We are keen to provide superior value and achieve higher levels of satisfaction.
We think differently about education and learning. We are committed to push smart pedagogy to redefine the four pillars of education: faculty, curriculum, pedagogy, and learners. HBMSU’s smart learning ecosystem offers challenging opportunities for learners to broaden their horizons, foster unconventional thinking and competency-based education.
Together We Grow:
We achieve more together; we are an inclusive, collegial community which appreciates diversity, builds tolerance and respect. We leverage our partnership with industry and global community of researchers and scholars to build capacity emphasizing mutual success.
Passionate for Results:
The hallmark of our distinct value is the sharp emphasis on results. Each member of the university community is driven with passion to contribute to the achievement of the university vision within a transparent and well-defined excellence and governance system that reflects high standards of accountability and integrity.
We are innovative in all our endeavours. Our faculty staff, and learners work together with the local and international community to develop top caliber research and to deploy creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship for the sustainable development of UAE and worldwide.
Under the presidency of H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai, UAE, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU) is committed to instigating a culture of quality, innovation and research through smart learning in the Arab world, with emphasis on the academic disciplines of business, quality management, education, healthcare and environment. Established in 2002, this innovative higher education project has been conceived, crafted and implemented by Dr. Mansoor Al Awar, HBMSU Chancellor, as a passionate response to the hopes and aspirations of the new Arab generation, with a focus on smart learning as the future of education and empowerment in the region.
HBMSU is a research-based University that has brought about a paradigm shift in smart education in Dubai by designing learner-centric solutions in its strategy. The learner experience at HBMSU is more diverse and innovative than any other campus life. With its unique learning environment (Smart Campus), the University Dubai campus offers a fresher learning experience with the use of technologies in the form of mobile learning, discussion blogs, online classrooms, educational gaming and social networking all suited to meet the needs of working professionals and high-school graduates alike.
The learner-centric environment at the University is reflected in the full support offered to learners with automated pre-enrolment and admission support and learners’ clubs, and additional learning resources such as the Library, Career and Placement Services, using the latest in ICT technologies to communicate with learners across the globe.
Strategic Directions (2021-2023)
- Generate a training revenue by the end of 2023
- Grow the number of Cloud Campus users by the end of 2023
- To establish and implement innovative and flexible business models that will support revenue generation by the end of 2023
Strategic Direction 3 : Leverage frontier technologies for rapid innovation in learning and administrative processes
- Increase awareness of the AI technology and its potential for solving business problems and optimizing business operations to all staff/faculty by 80% before the end of 2022.
- Design and implement an innovative learning ecosystem that utilizes AI to bring smartness and personalization to learning and learners by 2023
- Design and implement an innovative model based on AI and other frontier technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the administrative processes by the end of 2023
Strategic Direction 4 : Support the digital transformation of the higher education institutions across the UAE and the Arab world
- Establish Profitable HBMSU consultation arm for digital transformation of educational institutions
- Redesign academic programs to include the acquisition and development of skills in all disciplines by the end of 2023
- Use performance based assessment to measure learners acquisition of skills and competencies by the end of 2023
- Redesign academic programs to include the acquisition and development of applied research skills in all disciplines by the end of 2023