The role of the AI & Technology, Vice Chancellor is to be at the forefront with e-learning developments and to ensure that the University is enabled constantly so that it can discharge its strategic objectives.
الواجبات والمسؤوليات الرئيسية
- Direct, approve and monitor the annual divisional plans and financial budget.
- Provide the AIT team with necessary coaching and mentoring as applicable.
- Guide the translation of the university mission into long- and short-term strategic plans and lead the implementation of these plans through cooperative efforts of appropriate individuals and groups.
- Represent the division on campus and with external constituencies.
- Take a leading role in defining e-learning strategies that can support the programs that the University intends to deliver throughout the Arab World.
- Recommend adopting learning platforms that are versatile, flexible, and learner-friendly and which can be adapted to suit various pedagogical, learning styles and approaches.
- Oversee the design and development of high-quality online courses that meet international standards and fulfills the needs and requirements of the University learner and faculty communities.
- Develop appropriate training and development opportunities and support mechanisms for faculty members and learners to ensure a smooth transition to online learning takes place.
- Lead the development of a risk management plan for the University smart learning environment including, but not limited to, provision of Business Continuity and disaster recovery.
- Advise academic staff on smart learning pedagogies and strategies in relation to curriculum design, assessment, learners’ services, etc.
- Lead the adoption of a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for supporting staff and learners in the provision of e-learning based programs.
- Lead and oversee the initiation, development, and implementation of projects in collaboration with other stakeholders across the university as assigned by the chancellor.
- Knowledge Management such as but not limited to analyzing lessons learned and integrate learning to strengthen efforts and maximize achievements.
- Recommend, develop and implement solutions for information security and disaster recover in collaboration with other stakeholders across the university.
المؤهلات والمهارات المطلوبة
- Appropriate experience or expertise in a discipline relevant to the position in an academic development / management / equivalent role of not less than 7 years.
- Master Degree in IT/ TQM/ MIS/ Computer Engineering from an accredited University; PhD. Degree is an advantage.
- Experience of managing budget and effective development and implementation of strategic planning.
- Excellent leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to act corporately.
- Ability to work on own initiatives.
- Ability to manage academic and support staff to achieve performance targets.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Team and Time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Social networking) and pedagogical e-learning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both Arabic and English Languages.