Jointly developed by HBMSU and Swiss Competence Centre for Innovations in Learning (scil) SCIL, the Middle East e-Learning Quality Framework is a pioneering quality assurance framework for facilitating the digital transformation of education in the MENA region.
The multi-dimensional framework is built on a solid grounding in research and benefits from the experience of scil at the University of St. Gallen - a global think-tank in education - and HBMSU’s expertise in smart learning and quality management in the Middle East.
The framework covers not only educational, but also organizational, technological, and economical challenges that arise when introducing and implementing technology-enhanced education in either educational institutions or corporate organizations.
MeLQ's comprehensive approach to quality in online learning is manifested in 7 quality dimensions and 34 criteria tailored for schools, higher education, and private e-learning providers to further develop and improve the quality of online learning:
- Governance and Leadership focuses on aspects related to the overall positioning of online learning within the educational organization. This dimension covers aspects such as the mission, vision and strategy with regard to online learning, policies and procedures, resourcing and risk management.
- Teaching and Learning covers key aspects of the design and delivery of online learning. This dimension covers aspects such as the overall approach to online learning, the alignment with expected outcomes, interactivity and feedback as key drivers for the success of learning, and, last not least, how the advantages of learning technologies are used and exploited.
- Assessment and Analytics focuses on how assessments are designed and used, and also on the use of data analytics to support teaching and learning. Specifically, this dimension covers aspects such as assessment formats (assessment FOR learning, assessment OF learning), assessment quality, feedback on assessments, and the approach to and implementation of data analytics.
- Learning Experience focuses on aspects tied to a positive experience of both students and faculty in online learning. The dimension covers aspects such as the design of learning experiences, provisions and complementary services, the use of external resources, the variety of types of online content employed and the platforms / delivery channels employed.
- Technology focuses on the tools and infrastructures employed to deliver the services and a positive learning experience. This dimension covers aspects such as the EdTech-strategy followed, the use of frontier technologies, IT-operations, usability, accessibility, and information security.
- Organization and Support focuses on provisions related to service delivery. This dimension covers aspects such as the target population addressed, the information provided to target groups, legal, ethical, and safe behavior in online learning, support for students, faculty, and staff as well as competence development for faculty and staff.
- Improvement and Innovation focuses on how the educational organization deals with requirements in the area of quality development, innovation and change related to online learning. This dimension covers aspects such as quality assurance, responsiveness to faculty and students, activities related to benchmarking and good practice sharing as well as policies on innovation and change.
- Legal status: Eligible institutions must have a legal status in the Middle East
- Online learning programs: Eligible institutions must offer online learning program or course during the past calendar year.
- Stakeholders’ views: Eligible institutions must offer programs that include participant interaction and feedback mechanisms
MeLQ Certification Process
- Self-Assessment Report (SAR)
- Online Audit Meetings
- Awarding Body Decision
To learn more, please send an email at: ic ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae
scil was established in 2003 through a grant by Gebert Rüf Foundation and today is part of the Institute of Educational Management and Technologies at the University of St.Gallen. scil collaborates with partners in a range of educational contexts (schools, higher education, vocational education and corporate L&D) – within German speaking areas of Europe and beyond. scil focuses on digital transformation of learning and development and the opportunities as well as the challenges involved. Specifically, scil researches and explores the opportunities and challenges for both education service providers as well as learning professionals that result from digitalization and digital transformation.
SERVICES FOR BUSINESS
Empowered by specialist knowledge in online learning & quality management, and coupled with strategic partnerships, HBMSU offers a range of services for businesses of all forms and sizes to enable their digital transformation.
HBMSU provides expert consultancy in the field of governance and excellence systems, smart educational infrastructure, ed tech services and many more that add economic value to your business.
Contact HBMSU today to receive commercially focused consultancy advice. For further information and to discuss how HBMSU can work with your organization contact: marketing ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae