CALL FOR PAPERS
ISLAMIC BANKING AND FINANCE
16-18 February 2015 | The Address Hotel – Dubai Mall | Dubai-UAE
Innovation Arabia 8, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and President of HBMSU, showcases leading academic research and the latest practical solutions in four key sectors of development: management, education, health and banking and finance. Under the theme of “Innovate, Collaborate and Differentiate: Honouring the Past, Treasuring the Present and Shaping the Future”, the conference reflects the belief that innovation is the path towards growth, progress and a better tomorrow for the Arab World.
The Islamic Banking and Finance track at Innovation Arabia 8 aims to mobilize quality policy oriented and basic research in the field of Islamic Banking and Finance and related areas, with a focus on issues related to growth, equity, and stability, creating competitive edge, and lessons to be learned from the current financial crisis. This track will provide a platform for dialogue and discussions between key policymakers, financial sector practitioners, economists, and academics to address the important issues facing the global Islamic finance industry. The track will provide an opportunity for participants to exchange research knowledge and practice, and to share developments in the theory and applications of Islamic Banking and finance.
Abstracts of research papers in 500-700 words are invited from researchers and practitioners from around the world, educators, professionals and Ph.D. scholars/Post Graduate students on contemporary issues in Islamic Banking and Finance befitting any of the focus areas mentioned below. Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- What are the obstacles preventing Islamic finance from reaching its full potential?
- What are the challenges facing Islamic financial system and institutions?
- What is the scope of financial innovation and engineering within Islamic banking and finance?
- How new products are being introduced in the Islamic financial markets?
- What is the process of Islamic financial engineering?
- What is the significance of innovation in Islamic financial markets?
- What is the scope of asset securitization in Islamic financial markets?
- What is the role of Shari’a Council in developing banking Products?
- Does Islamic finance constitute a promising financial system in today’s world?
- What are the growth prospects for Islamic financial institutions?
- How should the absence of a comprehensive accounting (and auditing) standards pertinent to Islamic banks be
- What does the world need from Islamic Finance?
- How to convert the potential of Takaful (Islamic Insurance) into real growth?
Innovation Arabia will also feature, in addition to the above, three concurrent tracks on e-Learning Excellence, Health and Environment, Business and Quality Management. For more details, please visit the Conference Website.
- You are requested to submit an abstract (500-700 words) with a brief resume, contact detail using the Online Paper Submission System
- For more information on submission guidelines please visit Conference Website
- Accepted papers which are presented during the Conference will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
- Full papers accepted for presentation at the conference will have the opportunity to be considered for publications in the International Journal of Excellence in Islamic Banking and Finance
- Presenters will need to complete their registration to the conference no later than the 20th December, 2014. Submissions can be made in either English or Arabic Language.