Encouraging organizations to continue and develop more in CSR and support the implementation of CSR that is fit for the 21st Century
The El Baz Award for Excellence in Organizational Sustainability been developed for the purpose of encouraging corporate social responsibility (CSR) in organizations and driving excellence in different parts of the world across different operations. The vision for such an award is driven with the intent to create and sustain excellence by instilling the belief that CSR at all levels has a positive impact on the sustained competitiveness and by building a structure from which value can be derived.
The El-Baz Award for Excellence in Organizational Sustainability is developed to honor the incessant work that Dr Farouk El-Baz has undertaken over many years and to recognize his unique and significant contributions. Dr Farouk El-Baz participated in the Apollo Program as Supervisor of Lunar Science Planning at a division of AT&T that conducted systems analysis for NASA.
Organizations interested need to submit an award Submission Document that includes:
- Statement of commitment to CSR/Sustainable performance as in the organization strategies.
- The “Philosophy and Practice” aspect: how the organization secures a suitable and congenial environment for driving the sustainable organization excellence relative to the award criteria.
- The “Performance” aspect: the impact and performance of the organization on the five dimensions which are gauged by economic measures, internal capability measures, external stakeholder measures, competitiveness measures and CSR measures relative to the award criteria.
- Core Competencies and competitive advantages in specific areas.
- Benefits realized and future plans for CSR/Performance Sustainability Strategy
Since an international panel will be judging the applications for the award in terms of excellence and sustainability, applications must be submitted in English.
Applications for nominations should be sent by email to Awards ~3#$A~ hbmsu &D06s& ac &D06s& ae
For more information, please contact us: +9714-4241041
The award is open to following types of organizations
- SMEs (small and medium enterprises)
- Public Sector
- Not-for-profit Private Sector
- Manufacturing (large organizations)
- Services (large organizations)
- Subsidiaries: The Subsidiary organization can only apply provided practices can be verified in their context rather than the corporate context. The relevance of submission has to be contextualized within the entity itself.