The Office provides a comprehensive array of services for prospective and currently enrolled learners, including the following:
- Information about admission requirement for all HBMSU programs
- Admissions application processing
- Coordinating learners recruitment for all HBMSU programs along the four Cs model
- Developing and managing recruitment agencies agreements.
The admission of learners at HBMSU strictly follows the guidelines laid down by the University admission policy in accordance with the Ministry of Education UAE regulations.
To view the academic calendar and important dates for admissions & registration, please see Academic Calendar.
Holders of High School Certificate or Its Equivalent
A minimum overall average in the UAE secondary school certificate or its equivalent as per the UAE Ministry of Education as follows:
- 70% for the Elite Stream/ Advanced/ Scientific or Literary Stream
- 75% for the General Stream
Holders of a Technical High School Certificate or its Equivalent
Applicants who have obtained a technical high school certificate may seek admission to the university if they satisfy one of the following conditions:
- Technical/ Industrial Secondary Certificate holders with a minimum score of 75%.
- Commerce Secondary Certificate holders with a minimum score of 75%.
The university may conditionally admit applicants who achieve a minimum high school percentage of 60% in either literary or scientific section or minimum 70% on an industrial secondary degree.
Other conditions apply under this category.
Graduates with MOHESR accredited Higher Diplomas/Diplomas
Holders of Higher Diploma or diploma from any accredited institutions can be exempted from the high school average and will be eligible for regular admission to the undergraduate programs. If these applicants hold a secondary school certificate of 50% and above as well as the diploma or higher diploma, they also have the right to apply for credits transfer for the courses successfully completed as per the university policies governing credit transfer.
Applicants with High School Certificates from the United States or Great Britain or Elsewhere
Must complete 13 years of schooling, and choose 5 courses in IGCSE or GCSE with a score of (A*, A, B, C, D,E) and 2 courses in GCE Advanced Subsidiary Level or 1 courses in GCE Advanced Level with a score of (A*, A, B, C, D). Where the same subject is at 2 or more levels it can be counted as two different subjects. Subjects in Year 12 taken out of school can be accepted so long as they are attested by The British Council.
American Diploma Admission Requirements: Applicants with American Diploma should provide an attested certificate of completion 12 years of schooling along with an attested certificate of grade 10, 11 & 12. Applicants should also provide equivalency certificate from MOE.
English Language Proficiency
Applicant must have an international TOEFL score with a minimum of 500 (paper based), 173 for the computer-based test or 61 for an internet based test (IBT). An IELTS score of 5.0 or above or Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) English Achieved 1100 - 1225.
Transferred learners from other institutions
Learners transferred from recognized accredited institutions and high school score 60% or more, Credited Transfer requirement:
- Official valid TOEFL/IELTS score of minimum 500/5.0 report prior of enrollment
- Official Diploma along with the transcript showing the grades in all the courses completed and the course description for each course
- Completed and duly signed Credit Transfer Request form along with the payment of the non-refundable processing fee
The learner shall fill Transfer of Credit Form before the deadline of submission as per the academic calendar, and submit it to the Admission Office along with copies of all official transcripts, course descriptions, and syllabi of courses
How to apply?
In order to be admitted to HBMSU programs the following documents must be submitted to the office of Admission as per the deadlines mentioned in the Academic Calendar after filling the online application form:
- High School Secondary grades and certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS score report (if available)
- 4 photographs
- Passport copy
- Emirates ID.
- Equivalency certificate for foreign high School grades issued by the UAE Ministry of Education
Regular Admission for English-language programs
The applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution with a minimum AGPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 Scale or its equivalent.
Applicants from non-management backgrounds applying to the following programs need to enroll and complete the Management Appreciation Program (MAP) prior to the start of the first semester:
- Master of Science in Organizational Excellence
- Master of Science in Innovation and Change Management
- Master of Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Master in Project Management
- Master in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science: Excellence in Environmental Management
- Master of Science in Hospital Management
The University may consider applicants with AGPA of 2.5 to 2.99, subject to achieving an AGPA of 3 in their first 9 Credit Hours.
English Conditional Admission
The university may conditionally admit learners with a recognized Bachelor’s degree and an EmSAT score of 1250 or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the CAA such as TOEFL scores of 197 CBT, 71 iBT, 530 PBT, or 5.5 IELTS to a Master program.
CGPA Foundation Acceptance
HBMSU may conditionally admit learners with CGPA between 2 to 2.49 & IELTS 6.
English Language Proficiency
The applicant must obtain a TOEFL score of 550 (Paper Based Test) or 79 (Internet Based Test), or its equivalent on IELTS score of (6.0), or Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) English Achieved 1400 - 1525.
Transferred Learners from other institutions
Applicants may be admitted to a postgraduate program at HBMSU as a transferred learner as per CAA Standard 5.4 (2011) and upon meeting the following requirements:
- Learners in good academic standing (a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent)
- Learners who are not in good standing (cumulative grade point average is below 3.0) are permitted to transfer only to a program in a field different from the one from which the learner is transferring.
- Postgraduate program credits may be granted only for courses relevant to the degree that provide equivalent learning outcomes and in which the learner earned a grade of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or above.
- Learners are required to meet the English language proficiency requirements for HBMSU and for the program to which they seek to transfer, prior to commencing their study in the program.
Learners are not allowed to enter under any conditions stipulated for provisional admission.
Regular Admission for Arabic-language programs
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution with a minimum AGPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or its equivalent.
- Arabic language proficiency subject to admission standards of academic programs taught in Arabic (EmSAT Arabic 1250).
- Applicant must have an international TOEFL score with a minimum of 450 (paper-based) or 45 for an internet-based test (IBT). OR an IELTS score of 4.5 or above or Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) English Achieved minimum 950.
How to apply?
In order to be admitted to HBMSU programs, the following documents must be provided using an online application form:
- Bachelor Certification
- Official Transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS score report
- 4 photographs
- Passport copy
- Emirates ID
- Equivalency certificate for foreign Bachelor Certification issued by the UAE Ministry of Education
- Completion of a Master’s degree in a discipline appropriate for the doctoral degree, or a master degree and academic distinction at the baccalaureate degree with a CGPA above 3.5 on a 4.0 scale as assessed by the Dean of the School
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in the applicant’s Master’s degree program.
- A minimum IBT TOEFL score of 80 with a minimum writing score of 24, or IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum writing band of 6.5.
A candidate who meets the general admission requirements is required to complete the following conditions.
- Evaluation Interview: A candidate for the Ph.D. program will be required to sit for a formal interview to evaluate his/her fitness for the Ph.D. program and specializations he/she intends to undertake. The results of the interview would be one of the criteria for admission.
How to apply?
In order to be admitted to the HBMSU doctorate programs, the following documents must be provided using online application form:
- A PhD program application form duly completed by the applicant
- A certified copy of the Master’s Degree (and any other certified copies of academic records and evidence of completion of all qualifications as appropriate)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts including English translations
- English language test results
- A valid passport copy with a valid visa
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent
- Outline of a research interest linked to your professional/academic area of interest
- Statement of research interest and supporting PowerPoint slides
- A copy of valid Emirates ID card
- 4 Passport size photographs
- Two Original letters of recommendation
- Letter of employment (if employed)
Documents in any language other than English must be officially translated. All documents must be certified.