Holders of High School Certificate or Its Equivalent
A minimum overall average in the UAE secondary school certificate or its equivalent as per the UAE Ministry of Education as follows:
- 70% for the Elite Stream/ Advanced/ Scientific or Literary Stream
- 75% for the General Stream
Holders of a Technical High School Certificate or its Equivalent
Applicants who have obtained a technical high school certificate may seek admission to the university if they satisfy one of the following conditions:
- Technical/ Industrial Secondary Certificate holders with a minimum score of 75%.
- Commerce Secondary Certificate holders with a minimum score of 75%.
The university may conditionally admit applicants who achieve a minimum high school percentage of 60% in either literary or scientific section or minimum 70% on an industrial secondary degree.
Other conditions apply under this category.
Graduates with MOHESR accredited Higher Diplomas/Diplomas
Holders of Higher Diploma or diploma from any accredited institutions can be exempted from the high school average and will be eligible for regular admission to the undergraduate programs. If these applicants hold a secondary school certificate of 50% and above as well as the diploma or higher diploma, they also have the right to apply for credits transfer for the courses successfully completed as per the university policies governing credit transfer.
Applicants with High School Certificates from the United States or Great Britain or Elsewhere
Must complete 13 years of schooling, and choose 5 courses in IGCSE or GCSE with a score of (A*, A, B, C, D,E) and 2 courses in GCE Advanced Subsidiary Level or 1 courses in GCE Advanced Level with a score of (A*, A, B, C, D). Where the same subject is at 2 or more levels it can be counted as two different subjects. Subjects in Year 12 taken out of school can be accepted so long as they are attested by The British Council.
American Diploma Admission Requirements: Applicants with American Diploma should provide an attested certificate of completion 12 years of schooling along with an attested certificate of grade 10, 11 & 12. Applicants should also provide equivalency certificate from MOE.
English Language Proficiency
Applicant must have an international TOEFL score with a minimum of 500 (paper based), 173 for the computer-based test or 61 for an internet based test (IBT). An IELTS score of 5.0 or above or Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) English Achieved 1100 - 1225.
Transferred learners from other institutions
Learners transferred from recognized accredited institutions and high school score 60% or more, Credited Transfer requirement:
- Official valid TOEFL/IELTS score of minimum 500/5.0 report prior of enrollment
- Official Diploma along with the transcript showing the grades in all the courses completed and the course description for each course
- Completed and duly signed Credit Transfer Request form along with the payment of the non-refundable processing fee
The learner shall fill Transfer of Credit Form before the deadline of submission as per the academic calendar, and submit it to the Admission Office along with copies of all official transcripts, course descriptions, and syllabi of courses
How to apply?
In order to be admitted to HBMSU programs the following documents must be submitted to the office of Admission as per the deadlines mentioned in the Academic Calendar after filling the online application form:
- High School Secondary grades and certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS score report (if available)
- 4 photographs
- Passport copy
- Emirates ID.
- Equivalency certificate for foreign high School grades issued by the UAE Ministry of Education