The International Health Care Quality Professional Certificate Program is jointly designed by Joint Commission International (JCI) and Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU). It offers an online training opportunity for health care practitioners to gain competencies in quality management and patient safety through practical training in the use of quality tools and methods.
In addition to the evidence-based JCI quality management curriculum, the course includes preparation and registration costs for the exam for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ) certification. The online course offers a flexible learning schedule with minimal disruption to your professional and personal commitments.
The International Health Care Quality Professional Certificate Program covers five domains:
- Quality Management: Principles of health care quality; leadership role in quality; change management; teamwork skills; health information management
- Performance Improvement: Methods and tools of performance improvement; identifying the problem; process analysis; selecting and sustaining solutions
- Data Management: Performance measures; data collection and validation; targets and benchmarks; applying statistics; graphs and charts
- Patient Safety: Safety culture; human factors; high-reliability organizations; risk management; root cause analysis; failure mode and effects analysis
- JCI Accreditation: Standards and measurable elements; the role of accreditation in quality; tracer methodology
Offered fully online through real-time interactive sessions with JCI and HBMSU expert instructors, as well as additional educational resources to meet your needs. Well-designed, digitized materials and engaging exercises will enable you to learn at your pace.
- Designed by JCI, the leading international accreditation entity for quality in the health care sector and HBMSU, a leading accredited smart learning university.
- The curriculum is the only international quality program developed in collaboration with the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), the organization to offer the CPHQ certification.
- Work directly with JCI and HBMSU expert faculty.
- Foster professional networks and communities of practice.
- Experience the online HBMSU Smart campus environment to facilitate learning and skill development.
- Employ a variety of methods – including live interactions with JCI quality experts, self-paced learning modules, discussion board activities, and specially-produced videos.
- Have access to high-quality learning resources created by JCI and HBMSU.
- This program is directed at health care professionals (with clinical or nonclinical backgrounds) seeking to improve their knowledge, skills and abilities in quality. Though there are no eligibility requirements to attend the program, this is not an entry-level course.
- It is recommended that candidates have two years of experience in the health care quality field.
- All participants will receive a joint certificate of completion from JCI and HBMSU acknowledging successful completion of the International Health Care Quality Professional Certificate Program, aligned with JCI’s globally recognized standards and methodologies.
- All participants who take and pass the CPHQ exam will receive a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ) Certification from the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ).
USD 1,837.50 (VAT Inclusive) equivalent to AED 6,750 (Special Covid-19 price)
- Virtual program lead by JCI and HBMSU expert faculty
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ) practice questions and exam
- CPHQ test enrollment and exam registration fees (CPHQ registration, testing and time frames will be outlined in the program)
Start Date: 11 October 2020